From 2003 I’ve worked with different sectors and now I’m developing career with telecommunication.
Right now I’m working as Officer in Mobile Broadband, Internet and Broadband Department under
Commercial Division @ Grameenphone Ltd. where my core responsibilities is to design and develop
Mobile Internet Products and find alternative revenue stream for the organization through Data
Before entering into Marketing Department of Grameenphone I worked for Customer service for
Citycell as well as Grameenphone. I am ready to To find a challenging position to meet my competencies, capabilities, skills, education and experience, to meet the challenge of the day, to do research and explore new fields for the company, to take responsibility and leadership.
- GPRS/EDGE Networks
- Business Development
- Product Portfolio Management & Product Life Cylcle Maintenance
- Mobile Broadband Internet
- Project Management & Implementation
- Campaign Management
- Negotiation Skill
Product Manager | Mobile Broadband | Internet and Broadband | Commercial Division at Grameenphone
July 2009 – Present (8 months)
– Conceptualize and design new mobile broadband products for Edge & 3G
– P & L of existing and new mobile Internet Access products.
– . Lead the Edge/3G development and business relationship with internal and external
– Facilitate Internet Device procurement on the scope of convenience, useful application
– Conceptualizing device related business
– New internet device introduction to business market
– Business Development with Innovative device vendors to facilitate upcoming 3G services
– Decide on and develop marketing strategy for different products
– Take approval from different regulatory bodies
– Perform the different Device feature and service test
– Perform the financial and technical feasibility test for new products.
– To prepare product proposal for management approval and also to make sure that all pros and
cons of a product are reviewed before taking management approval for the product.
– Campaign Management
Officer, Regional Sales, Grameenphone Center, Mymensingh at GrameenPhone
January 2008 – June 2009 (1 year 6 months)
Make informative and successful interaction with walk in customers to increase customer base and
Provide one-stop customer service as per defined processes to enrich customer experience.
Support Center Manager in planning efficient schedule to handle regular customer traffic and
maintaining operation standard.
Lead customer managers team whenever center manager is off from scheduled duty.
Right coaching and counseling to the center employees.
Ensure complete support to the center employees to strictly maintain standards as per the
Cooperate with internal and external stake holders for best level of performance by respective
Feedback on development issues to OM/HQ/GPC Department.
On the job training to Center Employees.
Complete necessary reporting and other daily supplementary tasks as per instruction.
Customer Manager, Activation Team at GrameenPhone
June 2007 – January 2008 (8 months)
– Quality assurance of Activation, VAS, After sales service for all regions
– Quality Check of product Migration, TOF, Reconnection, SIM change and all types of product
services for all regions.
– BSCS and MCRS data reconciliation
– Daily SMS and Mail Report generation for Activation team
– SQL Query development for quality check from database
– Work with IT, Sales, Marketing, CRM for new product, service, promotional campaign
– Monitor post paid re-registration data update in BSCS
Customer Manager, Customer Demographic Management, Customer Service at
November 2006 – June 2007 (8 months)
– Ensuring availability of subscription papers, after sales service and other documents archiving as
per rule of Bangladesh Government.
– Ensure user friendly indexing and tracking system to keep documents in structured format for
Information support to GP legal and compliance, government laws and enforcement agencies.
– Subscription data upload in MCRS server and reconciliation/ensure quality of perfect upload.
– Manage all sorts of user friendly process for quality assurance, Physical Archiving and
Demographic Quality related activities.
– Provide support to customer service and law enforces agencies.
– Standard warehouse solution for physical archiving
– Cross functional activity through planning, implementing the simplified process for units and
outside departments for better alignment.
Call Center Agent at Pacific Bangladesh Telecom Limited (CityCell)
March 2004 – February 2006 (2 years)
– Provide one-stop quality Customer Services to ensure positive customer experiences.
– Conducting service awareness and telesales to retain the existing customers and acquire potential
– Maintain targeted KPI on a regular basis
– To be more caring, reliable, inspiring and friendly with the subscribers to enhance and maintain
Company’s Brand promise
– Capture customer insights, follow-up and escalate critical issues / complaints and provide timely
feedback to ensure customer satisfaction
2 recommendations available upon request
East West University
Bachelor of Business Administration, Major in Management in Information System and Minor in
Human Resource Management, 2001 – 2006
Activities and Societies: Active member of East West University Photography Club
K.B. Intermediate College, Mymensingh
Higher Secondary School Certificate, Science, 1998 – 2000
Activities and Societies: -Cricket Team Member
Agricultural University High School, Mymensingh
Secondary School Certificate, Science, 1990 – 1998
1986 – 1989
Honors and Awards
** Obtained Overall Band Score 7 in IELTS held on 6 September 2008
(Listening =7.5, Reading =6, Writing=7.5, Speaking=6.5)
*** Became 6th among 50 Thousand competitors in the Fastest Fingers SMS Competition organized
by Grameen Phone in 2005 and won a Nokia Mobile Handset.
Next Generation Technologies, GSM, 3G, EDGE, Enjoy Surfing Web, Listening to Music, Reading
Books, Traveling and Photography.
14 people have recommended Abul Bashar Md.
“I found Mr. Sharif as the most curious person about applications and different utility functions of
cell phones in my life. As he is the first colleague in CityCell and still I am working with him, I wish
him all success in professional life. His grasp on telecommunication is exemplary and I really
appreciate the enthusiasm and zeal with which he is always recommending new technology and
gadgets to us (as part of work as well as personal enlightenment). He is very helpful and I clearly
see him becoming a team leader in near future. I believe that he will be a portfolio manager in
telecom sector very soon.”
— Nazmul Bari, Product Manager, GP Connect (VPN Solutions).Internet & BroadBand
Division., GrameenPhone, worked directly with Abul Bashar Md. at GrameenPhone
“Mr Bashar is a detailed oriented employee. His knowledge on technology and proactive learning
makes him distinct from others. I wish him all the best with his product development deliveries.”
— Ahmed Armaan Siddiqui, Manager- Call Centre, Citycell, managed Abul Bashar Md. at Pacific
Bangladesh Telecom Limited (CityCell)
“Abul Bashar Md. Sharif is a tech savvy person. He is very sincere, hard working and dedicated
employee. He is a quick learner and he has passion for data sector. I believe with his persistence
and consistency, he will reach his career destination easily.”
— Kaniz Fatema, Acting Head, Mobile Broadband, GrameenPhone, managed Abul Bashar Md. at
“I have not directly worked with Mr. Bashar, but have been able to closely watch him in his job area,
as it is directly related to my work area. He is a very hard-wroking person, and has a confiedent
approach to everything he does. He is knowledgable in business operations and problem solving.
He is always approachable and has a very good temperment, which enables him to cope up with
stressful situation. I wish him all the success in his present and future endeavors”
— Tonmoy Bashar, Manager, Product Development, Data & New Business, Commercial
Division, Grameenphone Ltd., managed Abul Bashar Md. indirectly at Grameenphone
“Abul Bashar is so much sober , gentle innovative person with pleasant manner. He is cooperative
and artless and helps somebody form innermost of heart and dedicatedly. He has sound business
knowledge especially grab software related issue and keep himself always updated.In my work
tenure with him I did never hear the negative echo “No”. As I know he is a person who loved by all
simply. I wish him triumph of life.”
— Wahidur Rhaman, Officer, GrameenPhone Ltd, worked with Abul Bashar Md. at
“To work with Mr. Sharif was an wonderful experience of his colleagues. Though we did not work
very closely but used to get update on his performance regularly. He maintains a very high level of
professionalism as well as team work. He is very sound on technologies; actually he was one of the
best in our department. Wish him a very bright and successful future!”
— Anwar Md. Hossain, Deputy General Manager, GrameenPhone, managed Abul Bashar Md.
indirectly at GrameenPhone
“Mr. Sharif is an energeitc and fun loving fellow. He enjoys his work at his best. He has a good
photographic skill. I wish him all the best.”
— Forrukh Mannan, Officer, GrameenPhone, worked with Abul Bashar Md. at GrameenPhone
“I’ve known Bashar bhai for quite a time now. His passion for technology and its development
combined with his interests to learn, adapt and integrate is something we don’t see that often. His
interests in the field of Cellular Data and Telecommunications has always been very interesting to
discuss. I do hope that he can make a difference in his field of work to provide customers better and
— Hassan Sami Adnan, Apple Product Professional, Apple, was with another company when
working with Abul Bashar Md. at Grameenphone
“Abul Bashar was a good customer manager.He provided qualitiful customer service.He is nice
— Rashida Khanam, Officer, GrameenPhone, worked directly with Abul Bashar Md. at
“As far I know Mr. Abu Bashar has sound knowledge on IT sector specially on mobile software and
other software. I have knew many things from him.Thanks and wishing him a tremendous career
through this knowledge..”
— Sayedul Islam, officer, GrameenPhone, worked directly with Abul Bashar Md. at
“Abul Bashar Md. Sharif is a great person”
— Mahmudul Hakeem Md. Muktadir, studied with Abul Bashar Md. at East West University
“Mr. Sharif has lots of IT knowledge though he is serving in customer service unit under sales. He is
enough of curious in photography.”
— Robiul Robiul-Gpc-Mym, Customer Manager, GrameenPhone, worked directly with Abul
Bashar Md. at GrameenPhone
“Sharif is a good resource for customer service. His quality to be consistent in providing service
without losing temper is very unique. Moreover he can keep his standard at an acceptable quality
while providing service directly or indirectly to the customer. I wish for his success in his career in
telecommunication’s after sales service.”
— Samiul Mashooq, Executive, Corporate Sales, Pacific Bangladesh Telecom Ltd. –
CityCell, worked directly with Abul Bashar Md. at Pacific Bangladesh Telecom Limited (CityCell)
“Over one year we’re working together. He has vast knowledge in IT, networking, mobile solution
and internet. It will be the best if he get chance to work with such tracks. His interpersonal
relationship is excellent !!!!!!!!!!”
— Mohammad Golam Moula, Deputy Center Manager, Grameen Phone Limited, managed Abul
Bashar Md. indirectly at GrameenPhone